Monday, October 17, 2011

Our Celebration of 1 year

Our 1st anniversary was sorta perfect.  We reminisced all day about our wedding day and the different emotions we were going through. Had sushi for lunch, drove to the Audubon State Park and enjoyed the pretty weather, relaxed and watched some football, went to fresh market and got food for dinner and finished up the day with a cozy palette and The Notebook (which I never want to watch again because it is so flipping sad at the end).  In my opinion the best type of gifts are good experiences and even better memories.  They last forever :)  So Johnny's gift to me was to agree to do an anniversary photo shoot.  This is a HUGE deal for him because he literally hates being in pictures.  My sister Tara shot these for us at Audubon State Park in Henderson, KY and she did an amazing job.  I think it's a great idea to capture us how we are at this moment in time because in 30 years I want to remember this day and be able to look back at what we looked like.  So we started an album starting with our engagement pictures, followed by wedding pictures and we will add our new pictures each year.  I mean people get yearly pictures of their kids right? I think every couple should do this! 






Thanks for the great gift Johnny :)
O yeah and we had our cake top!! Turned out to be really good! It's kinda weird it's been sitting in a freezer for a year.


Happy Anniversary to Us!
Love, T

2 comments:

  1. OH MY GOODNESS, how sweet and adorable is the yearly picture idea?! Too bad I didn't think of that, but now that he's in the Marine Corps I bet we won't be spending many of our anniversaries together :( So cute though, and I'm sure it'll be something you (and any future generations!) will cherish dearly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Tia and Johnny!!! You two are such a lovely couple♥
    Looks like you had a very memorable day celebrating your first anniversary.
    The photo shoot is so adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete