Tuesday, November 8, 2011

DIY: Yarn Wrapped Bangle

As I was cleaning the apartment yesterday my paper towels came to an end.  I looked at the empty paper towel roll and thought, I bet I can make something out this.  So I threw it in my sewing room only to revisit it hours later.  Since I'm working nights the next 2 nights I was trying to stay up late and decided I would make some sort of bracelet from this, would have been, trash. So here is a step by step DIY on how to create something simple and cute from "trash."
You will need..empty paper towel roll, scissors, hot glue gun, yarn
Step 1: Cut a small slit in the middle of the paper towel roll

Step 2: Cut 2 small strips

Step 3: Glue the ends together to the desired circumference



Step 4: Cut off enough yarn to wrap entire bracelet and glue one end to the inside of the band

Step 5: Wrap away! Make sure there is no space between the yarn.

Step 6: Glue the end of the yarn to the inside of the bracelet

Step 7: Wear your new bangle!


Happy Creating!
Love, T

1 comment: