Sunday, September 18, 2011

Seester Craft Night

You may have heard me talk about sister adventures..no? Well it is when my sister (Tara) and I have "sister time" whether we are thrifting, having a picnic or watching a redbox movie topped off with her homemade popcorn and a diet Dr. Pepper. It doesn't really matter what we do it is always some of my favorite memories :) Our most recent sister adventure was during our first slumber party here in Evansville.  We had craft night!  Just a little background info on this..My mom was always good about making things fun and creative for us growing up, from making homemade play dough to painting pumpkins every year around Halloween.  There were always festive decorations and our birthday cakes were aways homemade (probably why I hate store bought cakes to this day).  When we would all get together for "craft night" Tara would pretty much dominate each and every project we did.  This is not an exaggeration.  She would be working slowly but surely on some amazing piece of art :)  As we've gotten older we would have "craft night" with our friends making various things like picture frames and Christmas ornaments. Tara and  I finally got to have one of our craft nights a couple of weekends ago!  Like always it was so fun and her end product was ridiculously cute! 







 yes that is a fox wearing glasses :)


Tara gave me her adorable little fox and it is now hanging in our dining area :)  She has actually inspired me to do more with animal faces, so look for that in the near future.  You can find my finished project in my etsy shop HERE!  I hope you have siblings or friends you get to be creative with!
Happy Crafting!
Love, T

No comments:

Post a Comment