Friday, December 16, 2011

DIY: Glitter Ornament: Guest Post Threadesque

Happy weekend friends! I have a special treat for you today since it is the final weekend before Christmas..I have a guest post from a lovely lady that you are sure to enjoy! Meet Sam from Threadesque ...
How adorable is she!! She has a sweet little vintage shop Plus this amazing Christmas picture just tops it off :)
Look below for a quick fun DIY from Sam!!

Hi friends! I'm so excited to be guest posting for A Cup of T! I absolutely adore Tia & am so thankful to have a blog friend like her! :) Today I have a DIY glitter ornament to share with all of you! 

What you need:

Glitter(I finally bought the 24 pack of Martha Stewart glitter!)
Ornaments
Glitter glue
Paint brush 

Pick your glitter colors! After much consideration, I went with traditional Christmas colors, red & green! 



Step 1: Use your glitter glue pen to draw your initial on the ornament
Quick tip - If you mess up, you can easily fix with a q-tip! 
Step 2: Sprinkle glitter onto the glue! 
Quick tip - The more the better!
Step 3: Let the glue dry! While you wait I highly suggest listening to the She&Him Christmas album & drinking hot cocoa!
Step 4: After the glue dries, gently tap the ornament to remove the excess glitter. Use a tiny paint brush to tidy up the edges.
Step 5: Hang on your tree! 


Happy Crafting!
Love, T

Visit her

2 comments:

  1. You're so sweet! Thank you for letting me be apart of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cute ornaments! I just love handmade things hanging on my tree. I did lots of felt ornaments this year!

    ReplyDelete