Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Snack Time While Watching the Waistline

Over the past couple of weeks I'v made some yummy snacks that I want to share with you. The first one is a twist on chocolate cupcakes.  So simple and so yummy!

There are only 2 ingreidients:
 1 16oz can of pumpkin
 1 box of devils food cake mix
Just mix together and bake at 350 for about 12 minutes.sound kinda weird, well try it!
They are a little less sweet and a little more "earthy" tasting.  But will sure kick your craving! Not to mention the calories are cut in half and you get a kick of fiber and protein with this chocolaty sweet!

Next snack..homemade pita chips.  The other day I remembered to by my fav roasted red pepper hummus but forgot the pita chips!  Lucky for me I had some flatout wraps in the fridge so I jsut preheated the oveen to 350 and cutup a wrap, spayed a thin layer of veg oil, sprinkled salt and garlic and popped them in the oven for about 15 minutes, wallaa yummy snack complete!


before..

after!

Johnny and I got a homemade icecream machine as a wedding gift and decided to finally give it a try! So we made frozen strawberry yogurt so smooth and tasty!





Ingredients:
1/2 cup strawberry, banana yogurt
1/4 cup mashed strawberries
2 T skim milk
2t sugar (could use splenda, but we were out)
Throw in the mini icecream maker and fresh frozen yogurt is made in 7 minutes!

I hope you enjoy at least one of these!
Happy snacking!
Love, T


No comments:

Post a Comment