Sunday, May 1, 2011

Wonderful Weekend...

All I had planned for this past weekend was to run 13.1 miles and it turned into an entire weekend of festivities! Johnny and I started the weekend by leaving early Friday morning and headed to Makers Mark Distillery in Loretto, KY.  We have both been there once before and are both Makers Mark ambassadors so we thought it would be a fun mini detour. The distillery is set way out in the country and has a beautiful drive leading up to it.  The weather was amazing which made that day even better.  When we got there just in time to start the tour immediately. It;s so neat how they take such pride in their bourbon and what they stand for!  visit the website! http://www.makersmark.com/





After the tour is finished they have a tasting of the original Maker's Mark and the new Maker's 46



Johnny couldn't resist the urge to dunk his own bottle, he did a "super dunk"!

So proud..


Had to buy the t-shirt, I mean it's amazing!

We went to the sweet little Toll Gate Cafe at the distillery, Johnny had Bourbon BBQ and I had chicken and bourbon baked beans!  I loved the umbrella's, they looked like the wax on the bottle.

Such a sweet little lunch :)


 Once we finished at Maker's Mark we headed towards Louisville.  When we got into town we went to a neat little street called Frankfort St that had all types of vintage shops along the way.  Went into a fresh flower shop and even got a free glass of wine! After a little shopping we headed to our friends Ryan and Mae's house, which was right around the corner.  Their house is super adorable! We all met up with my running buddy Tara and her boyfriend Ryan and had dinner at an Italian restaurant across the river which gave us an amazing view of Louisville. Trying to carb load for the race the next day :)  Saturday was race day and like I described in my previous post the race was great.  After a warm shower and some RR we headed to lunch at a yummy Indian buffet.  Bardstown rd was next, we shopped all day, I found an adorable vintage dress that I can't wait to sport and some locally made earrings that a sported that day!! We wondered on to an Arts Fair that was going on, tent after tent of amazingly talented local artists!  I was pretty much inspired and re inspired every time I walked past a new both. The evening concluded with yummy ice cream, sushi, German beer and wonderful company!  The weekend was topped off today with a stop a a HUGE flea market on our way home!  And last but not least a home cooked meal for my sweet hubby of turkey meatloaf, green beans and baked potatoes! Such a wonderful weekend! Wish I had more pictures for you but I'm sad to say I don't :(  I hope you enjoyed the rare dry weekend too!!

Happy weekend!
Love, T

No comments:

Post a Comment