Sunday, May 15, 2011

March for Babies!!

Yesterday was the March of Dimes Walk for Hopkins County!  While the weather was a bit gloomy the walk turned out bright.  There was a big turnout and tons of healthy kids running around playing.  Watching these children play and laugh makes my heart absolutely melt.  There are a few of them that I vividly remember taking care of while they were patients in the NICU. Each premature baby had to start their lives out fighting hard from the start and they can enjoy life now and I feel like, in a small way, I helped them get here.  When I see their parents I remember the hours and hours they sat and waited for their small bundle of joy to improve in the slightest.  Being able to tell them that they have gained weight or tolerated a feeding would make their day instantly brighter, if you are a NICU parent you know what I am talking about :) I can not imagine how hard it would be to watch the most important thing in your life struggle so hard.  The parents of a NICU baby are some of the strongest people I have ever met.  Ok I may be tearing up now so on to happy moments..here are a few pics from the March of Dimes Walk, wish I had more but the rain kinda ruined that :)
Little miss Kaylyn playing hard all day, she is the ambassador baby this year!
Sweet little Will :)


 NICU nurses reunited :))

If you came out to support March of Dimes, Thank you!!!  We raised an amazing $20,000!
Happy Sunday!
Love, T

Check out this article by Luke Short on isurf about the walk!
www.isurfhopkins.com/local/11116-supporters-march-for-babies-despite-rain-raise-record-amount.html



No comments:

Post a Comment