Friday, May 27, 2011

Baking for a Cause

If you know me you know I look for any reason to bake something sweet.  This week I had a wonderful reason to whip up a yummy cake.  I volunteered to bake a cake for a child in need to help brighten his day! The organization I did this through is called Free Cakes for Kids and I think it is a great idea!  There are different teams of people on different months, my months are May and December. The organization takes applications for children who need a birthday cake submitted by teachers or family friends. Free Cakes for Kids sends each team member an application with the child's age and favorite type of cake.  The little boy I baked my cake for turned 10 on Thursday and wanted white cake and enjoys the color blue and cars.  This is what I came up with!




Didn't want Johnny to feel left out so I made him a mini cake :)
Happy Baking!
Love, T

No comments:

Post a Comment