Saturday, May 7, 2011

Happy Nurses Week!

It's nurses week once again and my sweet little sister got me a card and a little surprise to celebrate my nursiness :) I really can't believe I have been a nurse for 4 1/2 years! It feels like yesterday I was in nursing school living with my book in a nose. I've experienced quite an array of nursing in the past 4 1/2 years, I have worked in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, Labor and Delivery and Surgery.  Talk about night and day! I went from some of the most personal nursing care you can do to caring for my patients who probably wont even remember me, due to the lovely medication they are provided with :)  Even though they don't know me I know I helped them with a very scary situation.  It's been a great experience so far and I'm glad I am in a field where I can go from one extreme to the next because there is always the option of change!!



If you are a nurse take this time to realize how amazing your job really is and how much you impact other people's lives on a daily basis! Strive to be that nurse that you would want taking care of you or your baby or mother :) If you are not a nurse but know one make sure you tell him/her Happy Nurses Week!

Well.. Happy Nurses week!
Love, T
PS How great is it that snoopy is wearing scrubs on my card!! I find it quite amazing myself :)

No comments:

Post a Comment