Saturday, February 26, 2011

Recipe Time: Black & White Chili

This is the perfect time of year for throwing something in the crock pot before leaving for work and having something warm and ready when you step through the door.  When talking to anyone about cooking I always end up mentioning the crock pot because it is so simple and perfect for busy people, I mean who's not busy?  Who knew something so healthy and easy could be so good.  My challenge to you is to pull your crock pot out of whatever space it is hiding in and USE IT!  You will not be disappointed!  There are so many recipes available online it's ridiculous.  If you have an iPhone than there is even a free app called crock-pot, it's so great because it even has a grocery list spot!  Go ahead download it! Sooo..in my handy dandy crock pot I made Black and White Chili!  I'm so excited because it's my very own recipe :) I hope you enjoy!


Tia's Black & White Chili:
4 chicken breast frozen
3 cans northern beans, rinsed
1 can diced tomatoes, drained
1 can black beans, rinsed 
3 cans of water
1 chicken bouillon cube
1/2 cup verde salsa
1/2 onion, chopped
1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
1 package of white chili mix
1/2 T garlic
1 tsp ground pepper

Throw it all in the crock pot
Cook on high for 5-6 hours or low 8-9 hours
Right before eating take chicken out, shred, mix and enjoy!!

Hopefully you will find this as tasty as Johnny and I do:)
Happy Cooking!
Love, T


No comments:

Post a Comment