Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Dear Road, I've Missed You

Running is one of my favorite things to do.  I run when I'm happy, I run when I'm mad, I run when I feel lazy heck most of the time I run just to run.  People make comments along the lines of "how can you enjoy such self inflicted pain", haha. Makes me laugh.  To me running is an outlet and an experience every time (sometimes good, sometimes bad).  No two runs are ever the same.  It works my heart, my legs and my mind.  I often find myself pondering things I've never even thought of before.  There is something so peaceful about having no cell phone for anyone to reach you, it's just me and the road.  I've been confined to the awfulness of the treadmill for about 2 months now.  But the other day we had a day made in runners heaven. I got to run, outside!  So I laced up my kicks and took off.  It's like my lungs were thanking me for the fresh air.  I ran one of my favorite routes and it was wonderful.  If you run you know what I'm talking about, if you don't you think I'm crazy.  Snapped a few pics along the way.

Happy Running!
Love, T

No comments:

Post a Comment