Sunday, January 25, 2015

Recipes: Whole 30 Week3

This week was much different in comparison to the first 2 weeks of my whole 30 journey.  Johnny was out of town most of the week which surprisingly enough made a difference in my choice of meals.  So what does that even mean? Soup, veggies fruit...repeat!  He enjoys those things however he also is a meat lover and leftover non-lover. So all I had was me to cook for so I took full advantage!  So I don't have too many recipes to share this week but I still have a few...

First up Potato soup..
Chop celery, potatoes, carrots and onion
Heat up olive oil and garlic in bottom of pan, add veggies and cook until slightly soft
Add chicken broth
I used a large Mason jar of my homemade chicken broth (click here for chicken broth directions)
Season with salt and pepper as desired
Simmer for 20min or so...enjoy!
Next up..Clean out the fridge veggie soup
The name says it all..basically I needed to use up some veggies so I threw them in some organic tomato sauce and added tomato paste and garlic
The veggies I used were: green beans, squash, turnips, carrots, celery, onions, peas, broccoli and cauliflower
Simmer until veggies are soft
Season as desired

This next dinner idea is just stir fry but instead of cauliflower rice just use broccoli slaw!
Instead of meat I used pineapple which sweetened it up nicely!

Last but certainly not least..
Homemade Almond Butter..
Just toss about 2-2 1/2 cups of almonds into a blender or food processor for about 5 min or so and you will have this deliciousness!! 



That is one little trick that will be sticking around long after the whole 30 is over:)


Happy Cooking!
Love, T

See a complete overview of my week 3 here :)

No comments:

Post a Comment