Sunday, August 21, 2011

Crafting Continued..

If you read my previous post I told you about my fun little craft day with Leah of Sookie Says :) Well she posted a cute post about it as well and you can check it out here:  http://sookiesaysblog.blogspot.com/2011/08/craft-day-and-photo-fun.html. I want to share with you a little more of our craft day.  After creating the fabric wrapped wreath I decided to create a fabric wrapped jar!  Leah had some old jars sitting around that she was planning to cover with doilies and lace so I did my own version and covered it with fabric.  I'll walk you through it and you will be able to make your very own at home in a matter of 10-15 minutes!
Supplies needed: empty jar and lid, hot glue gun, scissors fabric of choice, a small doily, small piece of yarn

 Step 1: Cut enough fabric to wrap completely around the jar and to cover the bottom of the jar
Step 2: Hot glue the fabric to the body of the jar, line up the end of the fabric to the brim and leave the excess at the base of the jar
 Step 3: Glue the fabric around the rim of the jar
 Step 4: Glue down the excess fabric to the bottom of the jar.
 Step 5: Decorate your lid! I just cut a small piece from a doily and hot glued it to the lid



Finish up with a small piece of yarn wrapped around the top of the jar and there you have it!

You can use any type of jar you have laying around, heck you can even save a jelly jar! I hope you find this helpful! I'd love to see your variations of this DIY! Post pics to my facebook page A cup of T if you try it!
Happy Crafting!
Love, T




No comments:

Post a Comment