Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

I've always enjoyed St. Patty's Day.  I'm not sure if it's because I have an Irish heritage or because my mom always made it such a special day.  Each year the holiday started out with green pancakes, green eggs and green milk :) So this morning I had my own green milk, yes it was in cereal but it still made me smile.



For dinner I made Beer Braised Irish Stew and Colcannon.  It turned out supper yummy!  Tara came over for dinner at the Dickerson's and I even packed some up and took a serving to mom and dad. O yeah I made St. Patty's brownies too. Needless to say my conscious eating took a seat on the sideline for the day :)


Had to take a pic of my lovely little apron:) Thrift store special: $3!




TaDa!!


cheers!

If you are interested in the recipe go to http://www.allrecipes.com/ and search Beer Braised Irish Stew and it should pop up.  Submitted by MNIKOLAISEN.  This website is so great because it gives you other people's feedback and what they did to improve it!

Happy St. Patrick's Day!
Love, T

No comments:

Post a Comment