Monday, September 3, 2012

Canvas Quote Craft Project

Johnny and I have officially signed our lease for another year which made me want to show our little place some love.  Over the past three years we have moved three times! So I'm pretty excited that we are sticking around here:)  I saw a super easy project on one of my favorite blogs that I wanted to try.  See the inspiration for my project here.  Lets get started!
You will need:
Canvas: choose any size
Paint and paint brushes
Vinyl letters (I found mine at Lowe's)

Pick your colors and decorate your canvas with stripes, zigzag, swirls or whatever your heart desires!  No need to be perfect because you will be painting over it:)
I went with polka dots..well because I love polka dots:)


After you have covered your canvas, let it dry and spell out you quote


Now paint the entire canvas a slightly darker color than your background colors, I wanted to be able to see the polka dots so I used red but feel free to use black or brown for better coverage

Peel your letters off and hang it up to enjoy!

Happy Crafting!
Love, T


No comments:

Post a Comment