Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Cucumber & Dill Salad

Good morning:) I have a quick and easy summer recipe for you today!  There are so many different variations of cucumber salad out there but I am going to share with you the one my mom always made when I was growing up. A sweet friend at work brought in some of her homegrown cucumbers and the first thing I thought of was this recipe. 
All you need is..
2 Cucumbers
1 onion
White vinegar
Sweetener of choice
Dill
Salt
First slice your cucumber, place in strainer and sprinkle salt over cucumbers
Let sit for about 30 min.
Rinse well with water

Next pour about 1/2 cup or so of vinegar into a bowl and add sweetener
The proportion will be different for each person's personal taste so just keep adding sweetener until you like the taste
Once you get the desired taste, add chopped onion, cucumbers and dill
Chill and Enjoy!
Happy Wednesday!
Love, T

1 comment:

  1. I love cucumbers so much and I definitely will try this recipe :)

    ReplyDelete